What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I delete photos on my iPad 1 and 3? I can only delete camera roll pics?

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of my photos were saved from the screen while on Facebook (family stuff) and I can't find the option to delete them? What a pain? Is there a way?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of my photos were saved from the screen while on Facebook (family stuff) and I can't find the option to delete them? What a pain? Is there a way?

When you tap the photo to bring up the menu, is the trash can visible in the upper right corner? If so, tap it and the delete button will appear.

OP
P

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No trash can available with saved photos just on photos taken with the camera. Boy does ios suck. You can save a screen grab with power and home but you can't delete it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No trash can available with saved photos just on photos taken with the camera. Boy does ios suck. You can save a screen grab with power and home but you can't delete it.

Are the photos saved from Facebook in the form of screenshots? I ask because screenshots i've made have the trash can and can be deleted just like photos made with the iPad camera.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the photos were saved on the iPad, to the Photos app, by any other means than syncing with iTunes (on the computer), then they should be deletable.

When Photos is open and the Album tab selected, there are only four kinds of albums.

• The camera roll, which is everything saved locally on the iPad.
  • Imported albums, saved via the Camera Connection Kit.
  • Created albums. A collection of links to pictures in other albums.
  • iTunes synced albums. Picture folder(s) synced from your computer using iTunes.

The first three can be deleted. The last can not. They can only be un-synced in iTunes Photos syncing settings.
iOS and iPod: Syncing photos using iTunes

OP
P

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only about half of the pictures have the trash can option. I had to remove the others with an external application. My android tablet does not have restrictions like this. Apple is falling way behind IMHO.

Most reactions

Latest posts