1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Can deleted photos be recovered?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Kaliesmom, May 15, 2011.

1. Kaliesmom

Kaliesmom iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I accidentally pressed delete after downloading photos from my camera. I thought that the button I pushed would deselect all of the pictures with the green check mark so I could select only the ones I wanted. Instead, it deleted them before actually importing them AND deleted them from the compact flash in my camera. I was using the camera connection kit for the ipad2. Any way to retrieve those pictures??? Thanks
  2. Pocobear

Pocobear iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Google a program called "Recuva" it will most times restore the photos on the SD card as long as you haven't formated the SD card. It's for windoz.
  3. richsadams

richsadams iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0
    First, pull the memory card from your camera and don't use it for anything else to avoid overwriting the photo files. Next get a photo recovery application. I've had great luck with PhotoRescue:

PhotoRescue - FREE DOWNLOAD - Photo Rescue 3.0 - Digital Photo Recovery Software | PhotoshopSupport.com

As mentioned, there are plenty of others as well. Here's a link if you'd like to find others...

[ame=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=digital+camera+memory+card+recovery+software&btnG=Search]digital camera memory card recovery software - Google Search[/ame]

Once you have the recovery software of your choice get a [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Flash-Memory-Reader-TS-RDP8K/dp/B001NS0OZ4/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1305526399&sr=8-8"]memory card reader like this one [/ame](which actually comes with a photo recovery program) and connect it to your Mac or PC. Insert your camera's memory card, run the recovery app and you should be able to save all of your photos.
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
  4. Kaliesmom

Kaliesmom iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the replies. I bought the smart reader fromAmazon and downloaded the software. I was able to recover the deleted photos which included pictures of my 95 year old mother on mother's day. Many thanks!!!
  5. richsadams

richsadams iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0
    Phew! Well done.