What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How about an iPad Maxi?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I doubt Apple will make one anytime soon, but I'd consider buying, because I can afford multiple tablets and wouldn't mind a bigger screen for at-home use. With a bigger screen, I'd probably keep it in a stand by my easy chair, rather than tote it around.

For some users, especially those homebound and/or with physical or visual limitations, a bigger screen might be a godsend. Some people, including seniors, have eyesight probs, or probs with hitting smallish buttons, so a bigger screen could help. They could make an AARP model, lol.

So I can see a market for a larger iPad, but it's probably too small to draw Apple's interest at this point. Once tablets are more widespread, I expect we will see bigger screens down the road -- if not from Apple, then from other makers.

Last edited:

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
I think that people who want such a device as a larger iPad haven't thought about such things as the cost, weight, and battery life. Such a tablet would weigh several pounds and would be quite impractical in use.

Right. I always felt that the ten inch screen is a perfect combination of size and weight. Very easy to bring with you and carry along but is large enough to provide a fairly immersive experience. I'm sure they wrestled with a few different sizes and settled on what they did with ergonomics being key. Battery life does go down exponentially with larger and larger screens, lots of pixels to light.

iPad2 32GB WiFi / iOS 6.0

Most reactions