What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home in Ibooks

himeiko_mitsurei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! I'm just new at using the iPad and I have a major problem with iBooks. I was able to download the application, but the home of the apps only shows me Great Novels, Biographies, Memoirs, Short Stories, Folk Tales and the other uninteresting things. How do I gain access to the Bestselling books especially New York Bestsellers? Help please!:)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
With the iBooks app open and in shelve or list view (not reading a book) tap on the Store button at the top left of the screen. This opens the iBooks store. At the bottom of the screen you will see several icons, including one for NYTimes. This is their Best Seller list, or at least all the ones on the list that are available in the iBooks Store.

Go ahead and check out all the options. Pay close attention to buttons and selections that will appear at the top left of the screen. These will offer you the ability to refine your browsing selection to some degree using Categories and sometimes a Paid/Free filter option.

OP
H

himeiko_mitsurei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:(

NONE. :( if we are talking abt quick links it's all: "in french" "in chinese" "in german" "boswell & johnson" "in spanish" "my alerts"

But talking about any icons: "Biographies & Memoirs" "Sun tzu Art of war" "Poetry" "classics of philosophy"

WHAT DO I DO? :((

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What country are you in? The iBook store is a bit different in each, and your description matches nothing I can think of.

And I have no idea what you mean by quick links. Can you take a screen shot of the iBooks Store and attach it? That might help.

I'm using the USA store.

The NYTimes link is in the black bar at the bottom of the page.

Attachments

• iBookStore.jpg
    iBookStore.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 296

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in the UK and I get the same screen as 'twerppoet' except the prices are in UK currency. I notice, in your post, you say you downloaded the app. iBooks is a resident app on the iPad, so I was wondering what you meant here. As 'twerppoet' said, take a snapshot of your screen and post it here so we can see. You can take a snapshot by pressing the 'Home' and 'Power' buttons at the same time briefly (the iPad makes the usual camera 'shutter' noise) and the picture is stored in your photos area.

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In the USA, iBooks must be downloaded from the App Store. It is free, but it does not come pre-loaded on the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts