What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hiya! I'm new and from Bristol UK

TMothy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi people!

I'm brand new to the forum. I love my iPad and use it all the time. It's good enough that I can go a couple of weeks without needing to turn on my laptop.

I like playing about with noises and making shonky ambient electronic music, so I use a lot of the music making apps that are available for making little loops.

I have come up with a few ideas for very simple changes that I would do if I could change the iPad's iOS! The first one being the ability to turn off the "Auto-Correction" feature from a button that is actually on the pop-up keyboard. I love the auto-correction feature when I am drafting emails etc (or writing this right now!) but hate it at other times... It can really wind me up. I find myself going in and out of the settings a lot to turn it on and off. Maybe it's just me!

Anyway, looking forward to using this forum! Cheers, TMothy

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome. An interesting idea for an app to turn the autocorrection on and off. One idea that a Forum member came up with, it doesn't really answer your question but it can help in some circumstances, is that the iPad checks the Contacts list during its spelling check and won't flag as spelling mistakes any entries it sees there.

If you write documents that contain a lot of technical terms that keep getting flagged, this Forum member suggested putting them into the Contacts list as 'spurious' contacts. Now that word will no longer be flagged as a spelling error.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts