What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your top 3 iOS wants

andrzejls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is true. I think it is best to go by market share to answer such questions, since we are talking about changes that would impact the satisfaction of many.
I am not suggesting that we would force anyone to do anyting they do not want. So if someone does not change anything, then her/his experience using the device does not change. I am suggesting to give us a choice. If we are talking market share, I do not thing Apple is inthe lead in smartphones. Leading market share, in smart phones, is giving you that choice. Maybe that is one of the reason why they have a lead and maybe not (I am not market analist); and I do not suggesting that other OS is better. I acctually think that, right now, iOS is much better polished OS than Android, but I think that if we do not ask iOS to grow and progress with wishes of users, Android will eventualy catch up. Those are only my opinions and I do not expect that everyone will agree with me, but I think that we all should keep open mind and learn how to a ept chnges (however painfull they might be)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
andrzejls said:
I am not suggesting that we would force anyone to do anyting they do not want. So if someone does not change anything, then her/his experience using the device does not change. I am suggesting to give us a choice. If we are talking market share, I do not thing Apple is inthe lead in smartphones. Leading market share, in smart phones, is giving you that choice. Maybe that is one of the reason why they have a lead and maybe not (I am not market analist); and I do not suggesting that other OS is better. I acctually think that, right now, iOS is much better polished OS than Android, but I think that if we do not ask iOS to grow and progress with wishes of users, Android will eventualy catch up. Those are only my opinions and I do not expect that everyone will agree with me, but I think that we all should keep open mind and learn how to a ept chnges (however painfull they might be)

Actually, apple does lead in smartphones of you go on a vender by vender basis. No other single companies sells as many smartphones as apple.

The choice you mention would change the character of iOS markedly. Driving it towards android is not the answer. Be the best iOS you can be and let android do the same. If you need an android fix, do as I do and get both.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
andrzejls said:
.......Without that it is like looking on the old IBM, black suit, white shirt and black tie. Boring. ....

LOL! I still wear a black suit but I wear a blue tie on Monday, a green tie on Tuesday, a yellow tie on Wednesday, a purple tie on Thursday AND on Friday I go totally casual and wear NO TIE! BTW, I also change shirts from the normal Windsor collar to a button down collar. On casual Friday, I wear a light blue, button down shirt. I'm considered a flamboyant dresser on my team.

Sorry I didn't mean to hijack this thread.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
yeah thats a big one, i use letters and numbers for passwords, and although i type very little on Ipad, I have to entr my logins a lot, and it's so annoying to have to do this by seperate views.[/QUOTE]
If you don't have large blocks of numbers (or possibly letters if your password is mostly numbers) you can tap and hold the change key and slide to the number (letter) you need without switching keyboards.

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Motorola Blur. HTC Sense. Oh yeah real winners for "allowing someone to change the interface".

You can still customize the hell out of them. For example, I was using Launcher Pro on my OG EVO (a Sense device) long before I decided to root, and it looked nothing at all like Sense. I eventually rooted and installed another ROM (CM7) but still, my Sense device didn't look at all like Sense.

I think perhaps you don't actually understand what you are talking about.

andrzejls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, apple does lead in smartphones of you go on a vender by vender basis. No other single companies sells as many smartphones as apple.

The choice you mention would change the character of iOS markedly. Driving it towards android is not the answer. Be the best iOS you can be and let android do the same. If you need an android fix, do as I do and get both.
Well, if I am correct Samsung just outsold Apple and became #1 in smartphones.

ryanlawrence171

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.hbiphonelabs.com
My First IOS Need is Cydia, Winter board and...

[Moderator edit: Removed reference to piracy app because OUR first need is for you to read the rules (!) and so understand that we do NOT condone or discuss piracy here at this forum! Not only is it against our rules, it is illegal. You have been warned ... don't be a pirate!]

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ryanlawrence171 said:
My First IOS Need is Cydia, Winter board and...

[Moderator edit: Removed reference to piracy app because OUR first need is for you to read the rules (!) and so understand that we do NOT condone or discuss piracy here at this forum! Not only is it against our rules, it is illegal. You have been warned ... don't be a pirate!]

Cydia is where you purchase apps designed for a jail broken iPad.It's never going to appear in ANY iOS version.

rdaniel1635

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a board for jail breaking and hacking but it's against the rules to discuss apps designed for jail broken devices??

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a board for jail breaking and hacking but it's against the rules to discuss apps designed for jail broken devices??

No. What is against the rules is to discuss piracy, which jail breaking allows people to do. There are some apps and tweaks that have been developed that aid people in stealing apps from developers. Those are the apps and tweaks that are not allowed any discussion here.

Jail breaking is a perfectly legal operation that allows the owner of the iDevice total access to his/her iDevice. Piracy, while requiring a jail break to do with an iDevice, is theft and therefore illegal.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

ExCalif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dont know if stated but move the left shift key or make it a tad bigger.

Added icons to the keyboard (mic and extra keyboard globe) but not the 123 button should add to the right side where the keyboard icon is. Both shift keys should be on bottom row in line with the space bar.

Admittedly I have bad touch typing skills but I always shift, space and hit the 123 button with my left pinky and always miss the first time -

dmspen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Profiles - I'd like my phone to be in vibrate mode only during work hours. Even better, it would integrate with my calendar. If I have a meeting, the phone would go to a mode of my choosing such as silent or vibe only.
2. Info on the lock screen, weather, etc preferably customizable
3. The ability to add cutomization to the info bar at the top of the screen, e.g. add current temp or # of emails or whatever. Or info widgets that remain in place either in the bottom bar or side/top.
3a. Easier ways to turn on/off bluetooth, wifi etc. The old IOS versions allowed you to create a shortcut icon to these functions.
3b. Xray camera

kspector

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love to see arrow keys to move the cursor in a document.

ExCalif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A delete key that deletes text to the right of the cursor.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Cydia is where you purchase apps designed for a jail broken iPad.It's never going to appear in ANY iOS version.

LMAO!!!

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts