What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hiding apps

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only way to 'hide" an app on a stock iPad is to stick it in a folder (and then put the folder on that last most screen of the iPad).

If you/are jail broken, there are several tweaks that will allow you to hide any app you wish.

But, again, that's only for jail broken iPads. For stock there's nothing. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
Hesslerperez

Hesslerperez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again Mickey for the quick response...okay so let me get this straight..the only thing that I can do to hide my default apps, is if I put them in one folder and put it on the last page?and then after that it won't be seen in my ipad unless I search for it on the search page? Is that correct?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some of the Apple apps will disappear if you disable them in Restrictions. Probably not the ones you mean, though.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks again Mickey for the quick response...okay so let me get this straight..the only thing that I can do to hide my default apps, is if I put them in one folder and put it on the last page?and then after that it won't be seen in my ipad unless I search for it on the search page? Is that correct?

Well, they'll be visible if you go to the page on which you put them, but essentially, yeah, you won't see them. Especially if you don't go to the page they're on. :)

And yes, you can use Spotlight to open them...

Marilyn

Most reactions