What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Ipad2 being disabled.

snow36009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

My nephew recently bought a ipad2 (3g one) online and when he turned it on it said the ipad was disabled please connect to itunes. he cant get in contact with the seller. So he gave it to me and im not that experienced with ipads but i done a bit of goggling and tired the following things.

tried putting it into DFU and Recovery mode and connect to itunes but when i click on "update and Restore" it downloads the 6.1.3 update and then says you need to type the passcode into the ipad to unlock before it can update. so it wont go any further.

not sure what verision it is but it wants to update to 6.1.3 and im guessing its been setup on itunes coz it asks to update and restore rather then just restore.

also tried a program called gecko toolkit but it said it wasnt compatible with ipad2 only ipad 1.

any ideas? still cant get it unlocked or wiped/reset. just wondering if there's another method to unlock or reset/wipe or if jailbreaking it will unlock it, I would rather to just wipe it. and is a force reset different to a DFU or recovery mode reset?

thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

My nephew recently bought a ipad2 (3g one) online and when he turned it on it said the ipad was disabled please connect to itunes. he cant get in contact with the seller. So he gave it to me and im not that experienced with ipads but i done a bit of goggling and tired the following things.

tried putting it into DFU and Recovery mode and connect to itunes but when i click on "update and Restore" it downloads the 6.1.3 update and then says you need to type the passcode into the ipad to unlock before it can update. so it wont go any further.

not sure what verision it is but it wants to update to 6.1.3 and im guessing its been setup on itunes coz it asks to update and restore rather then just restore.

also tried a program called gecko toolkit but it said it wasnt compatible with ipad2 only ipad 1.

any ideas? still cant get it unlocked or wiped/reset. just wondering if there's another method to unlock or reset/wipe or if jailbreaking it will unlock it, I would rather to just wipe it. and is a force reset different to a DFU or recovery mode reset?

thanks

Hi there! Welcome to iPF!
Try this way to gain access to the device: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1212

Most reactions

Latest posts