What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Stuck on iTunes screen

MaXimus666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My girlfriend was trying to update her iPad to the latest OS but now she has a black screen with a USB cable and an iTunes cable.

I googled this problem and found out that we have to boot into recovery mode so I turned off the iPad buy holding the Home + Power Off Button for a few seconds,

then I held the Home button while connecting the USB again with iTunes running hoping that iTunes will pop out a message telling me that I am in recovery mode but nothing happens. I don't even hear any sound on my computer when I connect it as if it wasn't connected. I tried different cables and different USB ports.

What am I doing wrong here?

I don't care about the data in it Im fine to reset it I just want it to work

thanks

OP
MaXimus666

MaXimus666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried again same result and those links don't offer anything really.

The thing is, my computer doesn't seem to even recognize the iPad as if it was dead.

When I turn it off using the power + home key and wait for a few seconds till I see the Silver Apple.

I then turn it on again by pressing the Home key + standby/power key simultaneously, as soon as I see the silver Apple I release the standby/power key and keep pressing the home key but nothing happens, iTunes is running but the popup to start recovery isn't showing up :(

OP
MaXimus666

MaXimus666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Mr. Mickey,

I did that using the redsn0w tool, ensuring I am pressing the buttons in a timely manner but then it just says no device connected. very strange.

I am so mad at Apple that their OS upgrade is very flaky it bricks a device! I see many similar posts on the internet about this issue but mine seems to be stuck.

I was hoping to find an easy fix without needing to go to the Apple Service Center but nope :(

5jy1yx.png

Most reactions

Latest posts