1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad 2 Stuck on iTunes screen

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by MaXimus666, Jun 23, 2014.

1. MaXimus666

MaXimus666 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My girlfriend was trying to update her iPad to the latest OS but now she has a black screen with a USB cable and an iTunes cable.

I googled this problem and found out that we have to boot into recovery mode so I turned off the iPad buy holding the Home + Power Off Button for a few seconds,

then I held the Home button while connecting the USB again with iTunes running hoping that iTunes will pop out a message telling me that I am in recovery mode but nothing happens. I don't even hear any sound on my computer when I connect it as if it wasn't connected. I tried different cables and different USB ports.

What am I doing wrong here?

I don't care about the data in it Im fine to reset it I just want it to work

thanks
  2. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,951 / 1
  3. MaXimus666

MaXimus666 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I tried again same result and those links don't offer anything really.

The thing is, my computer doesn't seem to even recognize the iPad as if it was dead.

When I turn it off using the power + home key and wait for a few seconds till I see the Silver Apple.

I then turn it on again by pressing the Home key + standby/power key simultaneously, as soon as I see the silver Apple I release the standby/power key and keep pressing the home key but nothing happens, iTunes is running but the popup to start recovery isn't showing up :(
  4. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,747 / 0
    Try using a different way of restoring the iPad called DFU mode. See this link here for how to put the iPad into DFU mode: http://www.ipadforums.net/posts/664076/

Try it with iTunes not running and if that doesn't work, try it with iTunes open. Hopefully, this'll sovereign the upgrade/restore issue.

Marilyn
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MaXimus666

MaXimus666 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you Mr. Mickey,

I did that using the redsn0w tool, ensuring I am pressing the buttons in a timely manner but then it just says no device connected. very strange.

I am so mad at Apple that their OS upgrade is very flaky it bricks a device! I see many similar posts on the internet about this issue but mine seems to be stuck.

I was hoping to find an easy fix without needing to go to the Apple Service Center but nope :(

[​IMG]
  6. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,951 / 1
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014