iPad 2 Stuck on iTunes screen

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by MaXimus666, Jun 23, 2014.

1. MaXimus666

MaXimus666 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My girlfriend was trying to update her iPad to the latest OS but now she has a black screen with a USB cable and an iTunes cable.

I googled this problem and found out that we have to boot into recovery mode so I turned off the iPad buy holding the Home + Power Off Button for a few seconds,

then I held the Home button while connecting the USB again with iTunes running hoping that iTunes will pop out a message telling me that I am in recovery mode but nothing happens. I don't even hear any sound on my computer when I connect it as if it wasn't connected. I tried different cables and different USB ports.

What am I doing wrong here?

I don't care about the data in it Im fine to reset it I just want it to work

thanks

2. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,843 / 6
  3. MaXimus666

MaXimus666 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I tried again same result and those links don't offer anything really.

The thing is, my computer doesn't seem to even recognize the iPad as if it was dead.

When I turn it off using the power + home key and wait for a few seconds till I see the Silver Apple.

I then turn it on again by pressing the Home key + standby/power key simultaneously, as soon as I see the silver Apple I release the standby/power key and keep pressing the home key but nothing happens, iTunes is running but the popup to start recovery isn't showing up :(

4. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,058 / 0
    Try using a different way of restoring the iPad called DFU mode. See this link here for how to put the iPad into DFU mode: http://www.ipadforums.net/posts/664076/

Try it with iTunes not running and if that doesn't work, try it with iTunes open. Hopefully, this'll sovereign the upgrade/restore issue.

Marilyn

• Like Like x 1
  5. MaXimus666

MaXimus666 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you Mr. Mickey,

I did that using the redsn0w tool, ensuring I am pressing the buttons in a timely manner but then it just says no device connected. very strange.

I am so mad at Apple that their OS upgrade is very flaky it bricks a device! I see many similar posts on the internet about this issue but mine seems to be stuck.

I was hoping to find an easy fix without needing to go to the Apple Service Center but nope :(

[​IMG]

6. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,843 / 6
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014