What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help on IPAD2 IOS

bcarro45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't do a search on my phone so I know this had probably been posted. What is the easiest, safest way to backup photos? My wife has over 12,000, yes 12,000 pictures, on the ipad and when I try to upgrade IOS it won't let me, even if I try to back it up on itunes. It is also running very slow, thanks for the help guys.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

YoloSwag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't do a search on my phone so I know this had probably been posted. What is the easiest, safest way to backup photos? My wife has over 12,000, yes 12,000 pictures, on the ipad and when I try to upgrade IOS it won't let me, even if I try to back it up on itunes. It is also running very slow, thanks for the help guys.

What do you mean your iPad won't let you update it? Like it keeps saying failed or something like that?

As for backing up that, huge number of photos, save it all in your computer. Like, moving it.

Goodluck! And may the odds be ever in your favor.

OP
B

bcarro45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, it will day something like back up failed. I guess I don't really know how to back it up on my laptop. I have an external hard drive but only has usb port

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Connect your iPad to your computer. Then, go to Windows Explorer and there should be a file drive for the iPad. Open that drive and you should see a folder labeled "DCIM." Click on it and keep clicking as you drill down folder levels to get to your pictures. Once you find them, you can select them for copying or moving to your computer.

Hope this clarifies. Holler back if you need more help.

Marilyn

OP
B

bcarro45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Man, 5 minutes into a thread and gotten great advice, thanks guys I will try it

Most reactions

Latest posts