What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello World - I'm going to use my iPad as my primary computer...

anthonymoody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Title just about says it all :)

Retiring my MBP and Kindle2, keeping existing household iMac as central storage for all media. I'm a film producer - I consume gobs of content, and generate a bit as well.

Any questions?

briloop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing:

1. View or listen to your content with the iPad in the comfort of a couch or reclining chair;
  2. Access the content not stored on the iPad wirelessly from a desktop computer located in another room of your house;
  3. No more sitting upright in an uncomfortable chair in front of a desktop or laptop.

ChileRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are also getting one for my elderly mother-in-law who has realized that she can no longer deal with the State or Federal government in person or on the phone any longer, and needs a computer. We are just a mile away, so we can update her on our imac when needed. It should be just what she needs. If not, we have 2!

lp1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be doing much the same thing! I have had a MacBook for my main computer. But after a few hard drive failures I bought a netbook to use on the couch or recliner and kept the MB in the other room for photoshop work and for finances.

I am now selling my netbook and bought an Airstash to store my movies, photos to stream.

Most reactions

Latest posts