What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Dartmouth Nova Scotia Canada

OP
K

Kinghalifax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im nevous about upgrading from 3.2 to 4.2 afraid to brick my pad

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's not a jailbreak iPad there should be no problem. If there is, and there's an Apple store nearby, they'll always help you out. Plus - if you sync the iPad on iTunes before you upgrade, you should be able to restore it if there's a problem.

My iPad was iOS 4.2 when I purchased it, so I shouldn't be commenting on this, as I've never had to upgrade myself but, reading the Forum posts, most people seem to accomplish this with little trouble.

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with jail breaking, so I'm not sure I can be much help here. I'd post this problem in the JailBreaking section of the Forum and see if someone there can help.

One quick suggestion, though, is to turn your iPad completely on and off - i.e. by pressing *and holding* the Power button. Press *and hold* the Power button again to turn it on. This (at least for non-JB iPads) seems to fix a whole range of 'problems'.

Good Luck

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions