What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HDMI Mirroring not working...Assistance required.

ralfdee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hdmi adapter not working

I couldn't get my ipad 2 to work with the Apple hdmi adapter. I bought a second adapter, tried another TV, etc. Long story short, I took the $60 hdmi cable that connected the cable box to the TV, replaced it with the cheap ($20) cable I bought for the ipad, and...

ipad mirroring works fine. TV and cable box work fine witht the cheap cable. I believe (although I didn't before) that the cheap cables are not as good as the expensive ones, in some situations, and can lose significant signal.

That said, Netflix will not mirror, as others have said before (the red screen stays on) and HBO GO (which works fine on the PC) gives only the audio through the adapter. These are (intentional?) characteristics of the apps...

Most reactions

Latest posts