HDMI Mirroring not working...Assistance required.

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by ammarfarook, May 28, 2011.

1. ammarfarook

ammarfarook iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all.
    I have an LG 42" Plasma HD(Only 720p) TV....and since day 1 even when I connected my Laptop to it via HDMI, it would give only Audio and no video....I found the problem was resolution and when I changed my PC's resolution in w7 to Maximum, the picture came up on TV!
    Now i have the iPad 2 and the HDMI Cable and facing similar problem, that it wont mirror it..only gives audio....I used AVPlayer HD then in which you can change TV-Out resolution and theres a button to push video to TV in it as well...when I fiddled with the resolution again the Picture came up on TV instantly....
    So I want to ask you all, if there's any way to change TV-Out resolution of iPad 2, as maybe since my tv isn't 1080p and mirroring is, it doesn't recognize it.
    Also I've read the TV manual cover to cover, there are NO HDMI settings on it.
    I've searched online, and many people with LG Tv's have this problem which I'm certain can be fixed by changing resolution of TV-Out on iPad.
    Any thoughts would be much appreciated! (Maybe a Cydia tweak?)
    Cheers.
  2. iKIKO

iKIKO iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi mate, i also have the hdmi adapter and i noticed that when i plugit to the tv it takes several seconds to start running in mirror mode, if you cant see image, wait a few seconds till it start mirroring. Also be sure that you got the tv input right with the hdmi input conector.

Remember that the ipad is 4:3 and most of the hd tvs out there are 16:9, so when you use the mirror mode you are going to see the black bars on the tv, on the sides, i know thats anoying, for me at leatst, what i do is to, like you said, rezise the image, doesnt look that good, but at least if fulls the screen :D
  3. GAMESHARQ

GAMESHARQ iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes, I also experienced some delay with the AV adapter, it was working fine. I left the room and when I came back, the ipad had turned off so the picture had stopped transmitting to the TV.

When I tried to use it again, I got audio but no video. I unplugged it, then plugged it back in and after a few seconds, it was working fine again.

I really love being able to connect this to my TV!
  4. bodycoach2

bodycoach2 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had it working well with Netfix, but the next day I got video but no audio.
  5. Kenilik

Kenilik iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have AirPlayer streaming ripped avi's from my ReadyNAS Duo with output onto my 46" 1080p LCD sharp tv with no problems. Now I want a iPhone so I can remote control it!!!

Kenilik - New Zealand - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF
  6. Djlipad2

Djlipad2 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the same issue with my samsung 52" HDTV and Netflix. It works fine initially then screen goes black and comes back after a few seconds but only video and no sound. Tried on two different samsung TVs with same results.
    Very frustrating. It also does it with any screen....even the home page. Doesn't make sense.

Let me know if you find a fix.
    Thx
    Last edited: May 30, 2011
  7. ammarfarook

ammarfarook iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow...so it's happening to us all....with me sadly it's the resolution problem so it doesn't mirror at all no matter I leave it for an hour!
    It only works in AVPlayer HD when I push the button that transfers video to tv making my iPad screen go black...
    And yes hopefully iOS 5 can fix something and if someone finds a fix...please post it here!!
  8. ipfuser55

ipfuser55 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Am going to buy the Av stuff today. Will be used on a fully networked Toshiba Regza 47" TV which is connected to my router, but also has a wireless dual band adapter. This is pretty up to date kit, so will post back later with results......Much later if I run into problems :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  9. donka

donka iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    My main Toshiba LCD has an issue where by when I first connect it up, I get nothing. I need to go into the Video app or similar to start TV out which brings up the image on the TV. Now when I exit the video app I have mirroring working fine. For the record, I have tried this with 2 other LCDs, a Philips and another brand and mirroring starts up just fine without any extra steps are a couple of seconds.
  10. ipfuser55

ipfuser55 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have had to buy from Amazon......Cheaper, but a 3 Day wait so will report back on Friday / Saturday.....Oh the waiting :)

11. iKIKO

iKIKO iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you guys running what ios version? 4.3.2? 4.3.3? I have 4.3.3 and have no problems mirroring
  12. ipfuser55

ipfuser55 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I'm running 4.3.3 but I have a theory this may well be a TV issue, not enough data yet, but I'm working on it:)

13. ammarfarook

ammarfarook iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm running 4.3.2 but I'm certain it's a tv issue....though Xbox and Ps3's instantly work on it I had to Change screen res of my pc to get it running on my tv...need to find a way to change screen res of iPad mirroring
  14. FruitJuice

FruitJuice iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

How do you resize the image to fill the screen on the T.v?
  15. iKIKO

iKIKO iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its not a configuration on the ipad, its on the tv, in an adjusment named FORMAT you can choose from 16:9 format through 4:3 , it streches the image a bit, but it looks great.. Give it a try..
  16. ralfdee

ralfdee iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hdmi adapter not working

I couldn't get my ipad 2 to work with the Apple hdmi adapter. I bought a second adapter, tried another TV, etc. Long story short, I took the $60 hdmi cable that connected the cable box to the TV, replaced it with the cheap ($20) cable I bought for the ipad, and...

ipad mirroring works fine. TV and cable box work fine witht the cheap cable. I believe (although I didn't before) that the cheap cables are not as good as the expensive ones, in some situations, and can lose significant signal.

That said, Netflix will not mirror, as others have said before (the red screen stays on) and HBO GO (which works fine on the PC) gives only the audio through the adapter. These are (intentional?) characteristics of the apps...