Having trouble finding value in my iPad -- about to return...

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by akdms, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bogy

Bogy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It sounds like its not the right product for you, and you should return it. For myself, I've had my iPad for 9 days and am very pleased with it. I went to a conference last Friday and Saturday held on a university campus. Once I had their wi/fi access codes I was good to go. I used Note Taker HD to take notes, Dropbox to access documents I had prepared at home, was able to access a paper and PowerPoint slides a workshop leader emailed me, checked on weather/radar reports, played a few games during boring parts of meetings, read a book, watched some videos, and did some research on topics raised in workshops. I also answered a lot of questions from people wanting to know how I liked my iPad, and what kind of things I did with it. I did not even bother bringing along my laptop, and never missed it. I could have done some of the things listed previously on my phone, but it was easier on the iPad, especially with my old, tired eyes. But that is my experience, if you don't find it useful, by all means, dump it.

2. Ghuda

Ghuda
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Seems like a hater, no big deal, I love my IPad. I was an early adopter like many on this site and have just enjoyed using it for all of the things it was designed to do.

I am in sales, want to pass me your number so I can show you some industrial software I am sure you don't need? I could use the sale.........

3. Itzxdjx

Itzxdjx
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    The man just wants some insight geez all you bashing him for no reason ei. Guy bashing evo bat. (lol) the iPad is just an accessory for tech geeks to own it does everything any other device does except for exclusive apps. Man keep it it docent seem to hold much value cause so many things are similar. Sometimes you just need the huge portable screen and ease of the iPad. It's a convenient divice I love iPad had it since it's been out. Buuuuttttt y'all need to understand NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO THINK IPAD IS THE BEST THING EVER! Instead of hatting on him try to convince him like intelligent people.

4. Ghuda

Ghuda
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Have you ever seen the SNL sketch where they are playing Jeapardy? Will Farrell was Alex Trebeck, and one of the other guys was playing Sean Connery. One episode "Sean" called himself "Turd Furgeson".

In our house this just brought on lots of laughter, possibly because we are somewhat juvenile, but it has since come to portray just negative, whiney, unpleasant people who sometimes look to others to bring them down from something they find enjoyable.....

So I submit that while I do not know you personally, you are quite possibly today's, Turd Furgeson!

Just enjoy it for what it was designed to do.

5. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    It is interesting what is an issue and what is not for many. So many people gripe about the lack of Flash, even tho it had been well covered and discussed before the first one was sold. Then the gripes about the pulling of limitless 3G service. Both of these are non issues with me. I do not like flash, and wish more would dump it. I hate seeing the service plans get changed so soon, but it happens sometimes with a all-you-can-eat buffett that you find the few could bankrupt you unless the prices are increased/or the number of refills are reduced.

My biggest gripe right now is when I try to download an app and get told it is too big forr 3G. Then I have to wait for the next wifi fix.

6. epb

epb
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    One of the great things about the iPad is that while it's in demand, you're pretty much getting a risk-free trial; it's good that you're deciding quickly that it's not for you and moving on. You could probably sell it on for retail, seeing how people are asking more than that in some venues.

Hopefully your post will provide a data point to someone else considering the purchase, and will prove helpful if they've got similar usage patterns.

7. Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I love to call BS.I bet the poster doesnt even own an ipad.

8. FrostyFire

FrostyFire
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Maybe he also bought it expecting Flash to work :D .

9. Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Probably rockin' the Newton.

10. j0yful

j0yful
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    What?! He thought jail breaking could make flash running?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.