What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody else having luck finding ipads under 400

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I must of been lucky buying right before black friday as there we a few deals on craigslist I got a 16gb for 350 with two cases and 64GB for 550 on the same day but now it's like everybody on craigslist is just posting ads for wanting to buy one for 300-400. I even sold some on ebay that I got from tj maxx and marshalls but didn't think I would want one. The problem is I didn't get an ipad for me, I swore I would never get one but I gave in.

My main issue is paying full price one of these things as I feel it's a rip off. I'm hoping when ipad 2 comes out the price of these things doesn't stay so high.

kvizzel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never seen an ipad sell for less than 400$.

Maybe auctions, that aren't finish, or if your lucky.

Coolchef

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that is good in UK i got my Ipad for £394.00 from Apple online store on black friday deal £35.00 off normal price.
converting it cost me $618.00 for the 16GB wiFi.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everyone has 20-20 hindsight!

With Christmas 17 days away, you are probably going to have to wait until iPad II comes out next year when people will be selling their 1st generation iPads at "bargain" prices.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple temselves will sell you one at $429

for a refurb. Unless you want to quibble over $29, that's a pretty good price. Remember that Apple has been famous (infamous?) at controlling their product pricing since their birth. Their products do not go on sale. You can argue all day long about what you feel a fair price is but if you want to play, you have to pay.

Darkrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the refurbished prices. :)

I just ordered my wife a 64 wifi for the price of a 32.

It's the first Xmas gift she has asked for in years.

If I didn't get her one, I would have been in hot water.

Getting the larger size is a bonus.

Tom.

PS: does anyone else have a wife/husband who thinks you will know what to get them without any help?

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally the investment in the iPad 32 even at Australian prices was the best decision I ever made. Apart from the cost of the iPad and the apple case I have had no other costs. In respect to the apps the prices I pay for the apps I want are more than worth it. I have rejected 10 apps of which I receive a credit card return on 8 2 others I expect to receive credit with in next week. Cost of ownership in other words is small. It is about life style I also no longer by newspapers which again is a saving I will most likely upgrade to next version and pass on mine to my lady.

Most reactions

Latest posts