What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have iPad 4th gen with IOS 6, upgrade IOS or wait for JB?

Action Jackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 4th gen (got it for Xmas) and when I go into Settings, it displays something about a software upgrade being available. Think it would be safe to let it upgrade or should I wait for the Jailbreak? I guess I'm on IOS 6.0.0?!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Action Jackson said:
I have an iPad 4th gen (got it for Xmas) and when I go into Settings, it displays something about a software upgrade being available. Think it would be safe to let it upgrade or should I wait for the Jailbreak? I guess I'm on IOS 6.0.0?!
It will be ok to upgrade to 6.0.1. According to rumors, that version is jailbreakable (not released yet though), but according to developers, the iOS 6.1 (still in beta testing) has fixed the exploit they were using to jailbreak (so avoid 6.1 when it's released if you intent on jailbreaking)

Most reactions

Latest posts