What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JB and new firmwares

whizpop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, so lets say I JB my iPad, everything goes great, and I fall in love with all my new CYDIA hacks...

and then, hypothetically,a new iOS firmware is released and I want to upgrade...

first, I would wait for a JB of the new iOS to be released before upgrading...

but, is there a process that would allow me to upgrade the firmware and JB the new iOS without losing all of the cydia hacks/apps that were installed in my previous firmware?

or, is it just a compromise that I know I will have to reinstall the hacks/apps (after the re-jailbreak) if I choose to upgrade to a new iOS?

thanks,

OP
W

whizpop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you loose all jailbreak apps and hacks after each iOS update and must reinstall them all.

ok, so if I happen to use a jb app for taking notes, then I just have to save the data off (for restoring later) because the app coresponding data will be lost as well?
thanks,

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even though jailbreaking is no longer illegal, this is the chance you take when you install someone else's software on a proprietary piece of hardware.

OP
W

whizpop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even though jailbreaking is no longer illegal, this is the chance you take when you install someone else's software on a proprietary piece of hardware.

good point!
thanks

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you loose all jailbreak apps and hacks after each iOS update and must reinstall them all.

ok, so if I happen to use a jb app for taking notes, then I just have to save the data off (for restoring later) because the app coresponding data will be lost as well?
thanks,

The most important thing to do is to have storage of the registration codes for the items you've paid for. :)

Usually you can get the code via mail or accessing a site, but sometimes it takes more than 24 hours and that is just annoying.

Most reactions