1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

JB and new firmwares

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by whizpop, Aug 6, 2010.

1. whizpop

whizpop iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok, so lets say I JB my iPad, everything goes great, and I fall in love with all my new CYDIA hacks...

and then, hypothetically,a new iOS firmware is released and I want to upgrade...

first, I would wait for a JB of the new iOS to be released before upgrading...

but, is there a process that would allow me to upgrade the firmware and JB the new iOS without losing all of the cydia hacks/apps that were installed in my previous firmware?

or, is it just a compromise that I know I will have to reinstall the hacks/apps (after the re-jailbreak) if I choose to upgrade to a new iOS?

thanks,
  2. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    you loose all jailbreak apps and hacks after each iOS update and must reinstall them all.
  3. whizpop

whizpop iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok, so if I happen to use a jb app for taking notes, then I just have to save the data off (for restoring later) because the app coresponding data will be lost as well?
    thanks,
  4. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Even though jailbreaking is no longer illegal, this is the chance you take when you install someone else's software on a proprietary piece of hardware.
  5. whizpop

whizpop iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    good point!
    thanks
  6. George Knighton

George Knighton iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The most important thing to do is to have storage of the registration codes for the items you've paid for. :)

Usually you can get the code via mail or accessing a site, but sometimes it takes more than 24 hours and that is just annoying.