What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harsh sounds on iPad 2

PamBee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI, my iPad 2 has very harsh sounds - like a loud, distorted woodwind instrument - (apologies to any instrument players) but this is how I can best describe it. Have tried double tapping the home button, turning off etc, but the sound does come back intermittently.

Also why does the iPad jump to a previous totally irrelevant search, when the back button is tapped? It rarely returns to the previous page?

Thanks for your help.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
HI, my iPad 2 has very harsh sounds - like a loud, distorted woodwind instrument - (apologies to any instrument players) but this is how I can best describe it. Have tried double tapping the home button, turning off etc, but the sound does come back intermittently.

Also why does the iPad jump to a previous totally irrelevant search, when the back button is tapped? It rarely returns to the previous page?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Pam--have you gone into your iPad settings to check your sound settings. Maybe you have it switched to a specific sound setting for an app? Please give us more info as to when these harsh sounds comes about.

Have you tried a reset-by holding the power switch and the home button at the same time? Sometimes the immediate fixes of closing out apps, restarting or resetting your iPad will help fix the issue.

OP
PamBee

PamBee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions. When I touch the volume button on the right side of my iPad it was showing a bell, but now the usual 'radio wave' symbol is showing.

This happened after going into settings,(as suggested ) checking all sounds. Every sound is distorted. By this I mean whether typing a message, playing Candy Crush, incoming or sent emails etc. One could liken it to the sound of a badly tuned radio, I suppose, but much harsher.

Yes, I have held down the Home button at the same time as the Off button - no difference, I'm afraid.
A few weeks ago this harsh sound happened, so I left the iPad off for a whole day, which seemed to correct the problem, until now.

Any more ideas? Thanks, Pam.

Most reactions

Latest posts