What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Handrwiting to text in an rdp app

Jrilla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am transitioning from a tablet pc to an ipad with the the strict purpose of using remote desktop. I want to be able to have the same functionality as the tablet pc input panel for data entry into any text field available like in a web browser or Outlook or Word. Is this possible or available? Essentially i want to combine the handwriting to text recognition capability of one app with an rdp app. Is this available or possible?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No way to know without testing the actual PC apps with the available rdp app on the iPad. Just way to many variables (and lack of detailed knowledge on my part) to give a good answer.

If you do get it to work, I'm kind of doubtful about it being a good experience. A touch UI requires compromises and special pop-up tools to handle every possible input method on a full computer. It tends to be clunky. Fine for occasional or simple tasks, but I'd hate to try and use it for lots of work.

On the other hand it may be possible to do what you want on the iPad itself. No way to tell from the little you've said, but there are a few handwriting to text apps on the iPad.

Most reactions