What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voice recognition creates text twice over RDP connection

tjesker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using an IPad 3 to connect to a Windows 7 Pro desktop and text repeats each time using voice recognition to create text in Outlook or Word. It only creates text one time locally. Just happens over RDP.

Any suggestions?

trireme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you got any more information? It's interesting... I use ordinary in-phone (iPhone6) text recognition a lot but haven't chained it through to anything.

OP
tjesker

tjesker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No replies other than yours so far. May try another forum.

OP
tjesker

tjesker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the answer via SpiceWorks forum. The user had Dragon running on his PC so his dictation was getting transcribed a second time by Dragon. I suggested he try only using Dragon over RDP.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That makes sense, though I'm surprised that the RDP app the user was using actually sent the iPad's microphone output to the remote computer. I wasn't aware of any that did that. On the other hand I rarely use remote computer apps, and I've never tried it with dictation.

Most reactions

Latest posts