What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Handbrake preset question

Jake872

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've searched through these forums and everyone says the best preset for iPad and iPhone 4 is the Apple TV one, but I've tried the "regular" preset and there is no noticeable qualify difference an the file size is much smaller. Why do people choose Apple TV preset if they don't have an Apple TV?

Rahb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What file sizes are you getting. I use apple tv and bump it up to 720 loose. My files are about 1gb per movie

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lifehacker website posted some pref files for handbrake which were optimised for the iPad. Sadly I no longer have the reference, but a google search should pick it up along with the instructions to add them.

Now when I load Handbrake I'm given the options for :
iPad and iPhone 4 (SD), (iFrame) and (720p)

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have HandBrake v 0.9.4 which has a built in preset called Apple Universal. I don't know what it does but I have been advised to use it by someone who knows much more about video than I and I have not had any problems. Neither did I have problems with the out of the box default configuration before I knew where presets were and that I could change the startup configuration. I never spent time ripping a DVD multiple times to see which yielded the smallest file since I only leave videos on the iPad until I have watched them and move them off to an external drive after ghat so space has not been an issue.

OP
J

Jake872

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lifehacker website posted some pref files for handbrake which were optimised for the iPad. Sadly I no longer have the reference, but a google search should pick it up along with the instructions to add them.

Now when I load Handbrake I'm given the options for :
iPad and iPhone 4 (SD), (iFrame) and (720p)

But what would be the difference between the iPad/iPhone 4 (SD) preset and the default preset?

Most reactions

Latest posts