What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Networking multiple Ipads on a private network...

rjsmith001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am searching for a way to utilize Apple iPads to communicate critical information to technicians and musicians wirelessly. The room is a Karaoke club with a lead tech, an 8 piece live band and two technicians on two separate levels. The show utilizes synced audio tracks sent to the audio booth in the center of the room, a click track sent to the drummer and the lyrics are sent to video monitors on stage. When a song is requested from the guests, the tech back stage uploads the song from the computer. The selected song needs to be transmitted to everyone before the song is played (so the band can pull up song charts, audio tech can preset board, and lighting cues too).

Right now, the room is using a dry erase board off stage. It is difficult for the band to clearly see the song title, however... the two techs operating the sound and lighting off stage do not know the song until the band starts playing.

Is there an app where multiple people can communicate with each other simultaneously through iPads? I would like to be able to network 5 iPads through a "private wireless router" that is not connected to the internet to deliver "TEXT" based information to the areas throughout the room. Any suggestions?

Thanks! :D

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try searching for Whiteboard apps. While they tend to concentrate on drawing, most also have text tools. There are a lot of them, so at least one is bound to have the combination of features you want.

That's all I can think of.

Most reactions

Latest posts