What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Converter - Handbrake

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay - done.

Dawn of the Dead runs 2:08:00. I encoded it using the Apple TV settings using DVDFab 7.0.4.0. The output resolution I chose was just slightly smaller than native DVD resolution - instead of 720 X 480 I chose 640 X 364.

It easily looks as good as the source DVD on the iPad, and encoding produced a file slightly over 1 GB that took less than 30 minutes to process.

It took 3 clicks - 1 to select the destination, 1 to choose the file settings, and 1 to hit start.

If you're looking for something uber-simple that produces a quality output - this might be a choice.

Boom. You've got me interested now! I'm going to try to find a demo and try it out with my "problem" DVD.

Thanks for the excellent test.

Me too as many good (copy) DVD around by there :D so if it work so easily i will spend some buck

SPC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using lots of conversion software since the day I picked up my pad.

So far I like the latest edition of DVDfab. It is not free and you have to buy the DVD to DVD edition AND the DVD to Mobile version which has an iPad specific tab. Combined, both will set you back $80 for 2 years worth of updates - which come out frequently to combat the latest copy protection.

I have been a subscriber to the ripping software for a few years and the product is first rate.

I am using a trial version of the iPad software and it is very nice. It includes an audio booster which was a feature I was looking for.

I made a 4gig copy that is outstanding - even on a big screen.

I made a 2 gig copy that was very nice and watchable but slightly less quality than the other. This lower setting is probably fine unless you are shooting for perfection.

mcbrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I used the DVD43, DVD Decrypter, Handbrake combo to put Kung Fu Hustle on my iPad and it worked great! Totally free! I had to Handbrake it again because I forgot to encode the English subtitles into it... My bad. I'm working on another movie now.

I used the Apple TV setting and it looks great. The movie is a little over an hour and a half and it is 1GB. I was surprised how fast it copied to the iPad... Mayby 30 seconds or so. I was thinking that iTunes would take longer.

I'm happy, but I'm sure I'll run into DVDs that it won't be able to break.

Most reactions

Latest posts