What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HACKING SECTION RULES - please read.

CLondoner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for having me read these rules. I'm so new to Apple that i've not even heard the phrase "jail breaking" before. In PC language it is "piracy" or just ellegal hacking . Are you talking about the same thing?

Carroll

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jailbreaking is not the same as piracy. Jailbreaking is legal allows you to use your iPad in ways Apple do not intend and install whatever apps you like, provided you do not infringe Apples copyrights. The JB apps do not have to be approved by Apple and sold through the App store. But that freedom is NOT an excuse to steal software which is normally paid for. THAT is piracy and strictly ILLEGAL.

Jailbreaking has no equivalent on a PC because you are not restricted to only install software from one controlled source. However, just like a PC, if you pirate software which should normally be paid for, that is illegal too.

Last edited:

MYAppleiClub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Without jailbreak 50% will not going to buy an ipad .. They will be fandroid that give full power to the user. Including me. Apple sales will down.

MYAppleiClub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Without jailbreak 50% will not going to buy an ipad .. They will be fandroid that give full power to the user. Including me. Apple sales will down.

And dont forget since i using iphone 4 last year i spend more than my iphone price for buying apps on itunes. Without jailbreak i will not loves apple and will not support apps developer.

tail_rotor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the guidelines. It always helps to know what is expected and what is not acceptable. I will do my best.

Victor Ruidera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is for people who does not want to jailbreak but use some of the features. This two websites does that.
Moderator edit: Links to the websites removed. Please read the forum rules.

I find this very usefull.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts