What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RE: Ipad 2 5.1.1 jailbroken apple logo stuck help!

TehNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I was having issues with restoring my iPad all day and after a few different Google searches, luckily for me, I find a thread (here from back in June) where the OP had the exact same issue as I did. Unluckily for me, it was this one. (Sorry but I do not have enough posts to use links. The title of the thread is "Ipad 2 5.1.1 jailbroken apple logo stuck help!" so if you search that you can find it. I will update with the link as soon as I have enough posts.)

Now, after reading through the said forum rules, I see that the OP did not break any rules regarding pirated material. I believe that is covered by rules 15, 15.1, and 15.2. As you can see here:

15. Discussion of pirated or cracked applications and any methods associated with enabling their use, such as posting app or repository names, is forbidden on this forum. This also includes discussion of illegally obtaining media such as music, movies, games, books or other copyrighted content.[/QUOTE]
15.1 Piracy is illegal and the staff of iPadForums.net neither condones nor supports it in any way. Jail breaking and hacking does NOT equal stealing or pirating!

15.2. Discussions, links, and sharing of any piracy related topics, apps, repositories, etc., will be deleted and the member will receive a warning. A second warning may lead to an immediate ban.

If you read through the thread in question, the OP never talks about a pirated or cracked application.

So, my question is, does anybody know the answer to that post? I have tried pretty much everything but calling Apple themselves as I would rather not do that (Customer support and I don't get along) so I am looking for an alternative. Would be very nice if I don't have to buy a new one.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We always remove the references which break the rules since we don't promote piracy here and I can quite clearly see that that user did break our rules. There is no need for you to try to defend them, thank-you. If you have a problem with staff actions our rules are clear on how this should be handed. It should NOT be handed by you proclaiming that the member did not break any rules!

To solve your problem, reset your device by holding home and power for 7 seconds. As soon as the Apple logo appears hold down just the Volume Up key. This will allow the iPad to boot into safe mode. From there, launch Cydia and remove whatever tweak is causing your problems.

Last edited:

Most reactions