1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Guitar to GarageBand

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by jwpierson, Jun 10, 2012.

1. jwpierson

jwpierson iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Howdy Friends,

Any suggestions for hardware that will connect my guitar to my iPad so I can use GarageBand and other apps?
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  2. Cipher2012

Cipher2012 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use an Apogee Jam. It connects to the dock port. This unit has a level control and using the dock port you can avoid the low frequency roll off and white noise problems that can occur using the phones port.

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD
  3. Magnetic1

Magnetic1 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I do second that Apogee. They have been known to produce good stuff from what I hear.

But I did do this really cheap method and it works with maybe average sound quality.
    Basically I used the camera kit to get the usb port and inserted a usb sound card.
    You can spend what ever you want for those. I found on Amazon a few that go for like $3.

I used the Peavy app. I don't have GarageBand yet. I'm hoping they become free like the Mac version.

Good luck.
  4. Fid

Fid iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Today I read an email about using a USB to guitar cord and plugging in to the camera kit to get the guitar sound in to AmpliTube. After finding this thread I decided to try it with GarageBand. Earlier today I tested it out with AmpliTube.
    I have an iRig. There is a little bit of hiss, but nothing to be afraid of. You can get them on the web for about fifteen dollars (US) including postage.
    With the USB camera kit module I plugged in my guitar with the cord that comes with RockSmith for my Xbox. In AmpliTube it sounds off right away. In GarageBand you have to remember to turn on the "monitor" so you can hear the sounds. Turn up the Gain, Volume, and Master on the amp. To see the monitor selection you have to have your guitar plugged in and touch the icon that looks like a quart Eric inch jack on the upper left of the amp screen. If I remember right you can also see the jack icon when you are looking at the stomp boxes.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace