What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google takes two attempts?

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I open google in ipad & then click on the search box, the keyboard briefly appears then vanishes until I click on the search box again! Why is this. This. Ipad seems to have a mind of its own!

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I opened up the google app to check it out and had to touch the search typing area twice before I could type. The first time was toe clear the box asking me to try the voice search the second time was to activate the search function. I didn't get the same experience that you did. I also tried the google page in Safari just in case that was what you were meaning. I had no trouble with that page though. Do you have the latest google app? I haven't noticed an app update for it lately.

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not using a google app, just opened it in a normal webpage

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine too. Only Google. Along with the search box, it'll happen if I click the top of the Google page on "more", etc. Does it more frequently also.

Ipaduser27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mines also! I called Apple customer service and they told me I have a virus and that it will get worst if I don't pay them to repair it.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went to google.com, touched in the search box, keyboard came up, typed a word. Got taken to search results. Repeated with a different word. No problems.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mines also! I called Apple customer service and they told me I have a virus and that it will get worst if I don't party then to repair it.

I must say that I find that hard to believe. It is is well established, so far, that the iPad is not vulnerable to viruses due to the "sandbox" configuration of its operating system and apps. Bit puzzled about who you were talking to. No matter how much you "party" or don't , it's doubtful you will need any repairs to your iPad.
What does "Them" mean in your following post?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipaduser27 said:
Mines also! I called Apple customer service and they told me I have a virus and that it will get worst if I don't party then to repair it.

I suspect auto correct jumped in. "........ if I don't pay then to repair it" and "them*" later to correct "then".

Ipaduser27 you can edit your posts by tapping the blue down arrow at the top right, tap edit and change what you want.

Ipaduser27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must say that I find that hard to believe. It is is well established, so far, that the iPad is not vulnerable to viruses due to the "sandbox" configuration of its operating system and apps. Bit puzzled about who you were talking to. No matter how much you "party" or don't ?de03, it's doubtful you will need any repairs to your iPad.
What does "Them" mean in your following post?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That thought the same thing... But then it began to happen more often. I don't want out to go brick.

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using the Google app, this doesn't happen. However, the app is so void of features I will rarely use it.

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been googling the problem and it also exists in the droid community. I deleted my google app and conducted a test. Thus far I have opened google 11 times in my browser and no problems. We'll see.

Most reactions

Latest posts