What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodreader / Evernote Integration Question

CyricPL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, just signed up here in hopes someone may be able to help me figure out if I am doing something wrong. I have several notes I've created in Evernote in which I want to put links to PDFs stored in Goodreader so that I can launch that PDF by clicking on the link. I am familiar with Goodreader's link feature, and have used it to generate links to the PDFs. However, once I add the link location to the text in Evernote and then click on the link, it launches the Goodreader app but leaves me at the main menu, not opening the PDF that was actually liniked. Also, if I closed Goodreader with a different PDF already opened, I've seen that it will navigate me out of that PDF and back to the main menu, but again stop there, not launching the PDF.

Greatly appreciate it if anyone knows if the fault lies in my settings or something I'm doing; thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmm, I see what you mean. Once the link is associated with some text, it no longer works properly.

All I can suggest is that you do your link notes the way I do. Simply paste the bare link below some descriptive text, like this.

This is a link to a GoodReader PDF
gropen://0/PDFs/NewDocument%202.pdf?cc=1

Evernote will detect that it is a link and will make it tap-clickable. Though it may have to sync back to Evernote before that happens.

This is the method that works for me. I'd like to say I do this because I researched and found it the best method. Truth is, it's just easier (less steps) than attaching the link to some text, and I'm a lazy sort of guy.

It also allows for long descriptions of the links purpose and or contents. That makes it very searchable in Evernote, even without tags.

Still, the cleaner looking links should work. You can always contact Evernote and see if they know why it's not working.

https://support.evernote.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=16058

Last edited:
OP
C

CyricPL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I never actually tried clicking the link without associating with text first, and I now see it does work that way. Still, I will follow up with both Evernote support to see if they have any notion why it's not working, as my extremely nerdy reason for creating these links makes me really want to associate them with text :)

(Notes for tabletop RPG sessions with links to pertinent portions of PDF adventures and rulebooks. Like I said, extremely nerdy.)

EDIT: I have found some posts suggesting that associating the link with text will work if there are no spaces in the folder or file names. So now I just need to decide which bothers me more aesthetically, having underscores in Goodreader or naked links in Evernote.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts