What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad2 goodreader question

Gabbysouth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I just got the ipad2 and am spending today trying to make it work for me. I just downloaded some books from itunes in epub format. I have the goodreader app everyone raves about but I can't figure out how to convert the epub books to pdf. Basically, I have moved the epub books to goodreader and it can't read them. Any tips would be appreciated. thank you.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From where did you get the books? If you got them from the App Store, then you can only read them in the iBooks app.

Most publishers/booksellers use Digital Rights Management (DRM) encoding within their e-books, which prevents anyone from reading them on anything other than a specific device.

So, that's why you can't read them in GoodReader - or convert them. Besides, you don't really want to convert epub books to PDF (as PDF is arguably the worst format for reading books due to it's properties). The iBook app will read epubs just fine...

Marilyn

P.S. Welcome to the forum, BTW! Hope your stay here is enjoyable and FUN!

Last edited:
OP
G

Gabbysouth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! that is exactly where I got them from the ITunes store. I didnt know that you could not convert, appreciate the response

Most reactions