1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

ipad2 goodreader question

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Gabbysouth, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Gabbysouth

Gabbysouth iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I just got the ipad2 and am spending today trying to make it work for me. I just downloaded some books from itunes in epub format. I have the goodreader app everyone raves about but I can't figure out how to convert the epub books to pdf. Basically, I have moved the epub books to goodreader and it can't read them. Any tips would be appreciated. thank you.
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 0
    From where did you get the books? If you got them from the App Store, then you can only read them in the iBooks app.

Most publishers/booksellers use Digital Rights Management (DRM) encoding within their e-books, which prevents anyone from reading them on anything other than a specific device.

So, that's why you can't read them in GoodReader - or convert them. Besides, you don't really want to convert epub books to PDF (as PDF is arguably the worst format for reading books due to it's properties). The iBook app will read epubs just fine...

Marilyn

P.S. Welcome to the forum, BTW! Hope your stay here is enjoyable and FUN!
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  3. Gabbysouth

Gabbysouth iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks! that is exactly where I got them from the ITunes store. I didnt know that you could not convert, appreciate the response