What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Photo Manager???

Motorbones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for an app that'll allow me to easily manage my pics on my iPad. This includes downloading from the camera, removing unwanted pics, folder management which includes allowing me to name the folder as I want and of course, easy moving of pics from one folder to another. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really like the app "Photo-Sort." It does all of the options you are looking for. It also allows you to make multiple sub-folders, re-name folders and pictures, import/send pictures from the iPad's stock Photo app and use the app as an FTP server (to directly access photos on your PC - to include adds, deletes, moves, etc. - just like a file folder on your PC).

Very versatile app, in my opinion. Of course, YMMV.

Marilyn

P.S. Forgot to add that it's $1.99 (USD) in the App Store

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like the app "Photo-Sort." It does all of the options you are looking for. It also allows you to make multiple sub-folders, re-name folders and pictures, import/send pictures from the iPad's stock Photo app and use the app as an FTP server (to directly access photos on your PC - to include adds, deletes, moves, etc. - just like a file folder on your PC).

Very versatile app, in my opinion. Of course, YMMV.

Marilyn

P.S. Forgot to add that it's $1.99 (USD) in the App Store
Thanks for the tip!

I noted a number of good reviews but some very poor reviews (some pretty recent) for Photo-Sort in the iTunes store. Most of the problems seemed to be with the app crashing. Have you had any issues? It looks like a very useful app, but I don't want to have to deal with problems like that if they haven't ironed them out yet. TIA!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
New to iPad2 and did some research - my current options are: 1) the photo attachment kit which will accept my SD cards from the digital cameras and transfer the pics to the iPad; 2) Photo-sort - check HERE; and 3) Photogene - check HERE - should be enough for me but now need to become more familiar w/ them - :D

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I noted a number of good reviews but some very poor reviews (some pretty recent) for Photo-Sort in the iTunes store. Most of the problems seemed to be with the app crashing. Have you had any issues? It looks like a very useful app, but I don't want to have to deal with problems like that if they haven't ironed them out yet. TIA!

Well, as always, YMMV, but so far, this app has worked fine for me. I've not had it crash (knock on wood). I have hundreds of pictures in this app, some in folders that are 3 sub-folders deep. Granted, I also have the photos saved elsewhere for back-up purposes, but I am not concerned about this app losing my photos or crashing. So, again, YMMV...

I read the reviews on this app and here's what I have to say: You can rotate the pictures, you can re-name the pictures, you can import/export more than one photo at a time to the Photo app, you can select all and while WiFi may be slow, you can set up a folder on a PC to act just like a regular file folder (drag 'n' drop capacity).

I'm not saying this app is perfect - just that it's perfect for me and my purposes. I truly can't recommend it enough. I found that for what it does, the $1.99 was a great investment.

Marilyn

NYC Adam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good post, good points, good feedback.

Thanks for posting this question. I'm no Ansel Adams, but I do have well over 4000 pics on my pad (my kid is THAT cute :) and I would love to be able to sort and catagorize, etc. I'm going to hold off for a short while and continue to read reviews of the updates for Photo-Sort, but sounds very promising! Thanks again for all who contributed...

OP
Motorbones

Motorbones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded the Photo-Sort program yesterday and played with it some. So far it looks like what I'm looking for. Now I should be able to import all the pics I have and get them better organized. Thanks...

Most reactions

Latest posts