What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gns gps bt pairing

bjaffa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a gns 5870 mfi. When I first turned on bt operation on my iPad 2. It recognized the device, but I believe I entered the incorrect pairing code on my iPad 2. Since then my iPad 2 will not discover my gps.
How do you un pair the bt setup on my iPad 2 so I can re setup the bt pairing?
I tried the reset on the gps but the iPad 2 still does not see it.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks. Brent

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
bjaffa said:
I have a gns 5870 mfi. When I first turned on bt operation on my iPad 2. It recognized the device, but I believe I entered the incorrect pairing code on my iPad 2. Since then my iPad 2 will not discover my gps.
How do you un pair the bt setup on my iPad 2 so I can re setup the bt pairing?
I tried the reset on the gps but the iPad 2 still does not see it.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks. Brent

when you say you have reset the device, did you just press the reset button, or did you insert a paper clip etc into the hole as well?

sometimes you need to do it for a few seconds, as some devices will take a quick press as a normal reset and a long press as a full reset

icouldsave.co.uk - help save money and the planet!

OP
B

bjaffa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wytey said:
when you say you have reset the device, did you just press the reset button, or did you insert a paper clip etc into the hole as well?

sometimes you need to do it for a few seconds, as some devices will take a quick press as a normal reset and a long press as a full reset

icouldsave.co.uk - help save money and the planet!

My unit only has the reset through the hole. Is there a reset button that I don't know about?
I held a paper clip in the hold for over a minute and no different response from the iPad.
I did notice that if I held the reset in long enough, it affected my wifi.
So if I did a full reset then the iPad is not releasing?
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Brent

Kin Lau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the iPad under Settings / General / Bluetooth, you swipe to delete the device or hit the arrow and then 'Forget this Device'.

I was having difficulty pairing my xpgs150 and was able to pair it after rebooting my iPad.

OP
B

bjaffa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kin Lau said:
On the iPad under Settings / General / Bluetooth, you swipe to delete the device or hit the arrow and then 'Forget this Device'.

I was having difficulty pairing my xpgs150 and was able to pair it after rebooting my iPad.

On iPad 2 there is only a swipe on/off button. I have tried this. There is no forget device option.
How did you reboot your iPad?

OP
B

bjaffa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bjaffa said:
On iPad 2 there is only a swipe on/off button. I have tried this. There is no forget device option.
How did you reboot your iPad?

So I got it to work once I reset the iPad.
It wasn't the gps at all.
Can yo recommend a Apps for the gns to work in a car for driving.
Thanks for all your help

Brent

Kin Lau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the iPad 2 as well, and the 'Forget this device' is there when you tap on the > symbol beside the device name.

For gps apps, I use Ndrive and Navfree.

Giant Pilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I had the same problem with my XGPS150, I could not pair again, so I removed the device, rebooted my iPad, and it paired again without any problems. Not sure why my iPad would not pair with the gps receiver.

Most reactions

Latest posts