What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gns 5870 mfi bt gps?

Davefewox

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I assume that side navionics works great w my iPad 1 iPad 2 would only be better since I think it has a faster processor. The redraw is already faster than most chart plotters however don't expect the app to have all the functionality of a high end chart plotter I think they dumb it down on purpose or they would never sell their excellent cartography in a $5000 marine plotter

yeesarm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Craig - you mentioned you were a pilot. Commercial? I am a 777 driver and need a booster to get through the heating elements and ply of the glass on the flight deck. Have you any experience of this on similar machines? Cheers!

jmiked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had one of these for about 7 months, and I wouldn't recommend it. It works OK on both my iPad and iPod touch, but I find it next to impossible to pick it up without it turning on, and sometimes it takes 20-30 attempts to turn it off. It's easier to just let it time out after 15 minutes or so without a Bluetooth connection. This power switch design would never have passed design qualification tests where I worked.

Most reactions

Latest posts