What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 wifi will "pair" but won't connect via bluetooth to Verizon/Motorola Razr

calpeters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello; i'm a noob, so pls be kind. ;T)
I have an ipad 2 wifi only model and I'm trying to connect it via Bluetooth to my Motorola Razr android phone. My phone sees the ipad and says it's paired with it, and the ipad "sees"/recognizes the Droid Razr but it says it's "not connected". I've tried to have the ipad "forget" the device and start over; same result. I've tried to re-pair from the razr side and it pops up a dialog box with the pairing code on the ipad and it corresponds to the code that pops up on the razr, but despite that it still ends up "not connected" on the ipad.

I'm trying to do this in order to use the GPS function on my phone and have it feed the GPS fix to my iSailor app on the ipad. Will this even work, if I get them Bluetooth connected?? :eek:

THANKS!!!

Cal
Grand Rapids, MI

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Probably not. Bluetooth connectivity on the iPad is limited. You can pair headphones, BT earpieces, iPhones ( for use with personal hotspot) and keyboards.

I think what you are trying to achieve is beyond the scope of the iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts