What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail notifier?

TitanJeff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for a nice gmail notifier much like the one I have on my laptop. It simply tells me if I have a new email in my account and gives me a quick rundown of who sent it, the first few lines of the e-mail, etc.

I see quite a few out there which seem to do this but wanted opinions from here. Thanks.

OP
T

TitanJeff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: The best solution for me has been to set up Mail to show when I have new gmail but click on a bookmark I made from the gmail page to check and reply to the email itself.

Though Safari gmail on the iPad has its limits, it works better for me than replying with Mail.

OP
T

TitanJeff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update 2: I found an app called "Boxcar" which allows you to set up email. When gmail gets something new, it is forwarded to Boxcar which then pushes a notification to me with the option to go to mail.gmail.com.

I still have Mail set up so that it shows me total unread emails but Boxcar seems the best way yet to get a push notification. It also does the same with Facebook, Twitter and RSS feeds. It's a free app.

Most reactions

Latest posts