What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

getting sn0wed under

Glennnnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have finnally taken the plunge and jailbroke my wifes iPhone4 and our iPad1's

I now want to do the same to my iPhone3g
I am pretty sure we got the phone unlocked so I could use a differentSim
Greenp0isons Absinthe doesnt do my iPhone3 So I need to use Redsn0w
This is where my head is about to explode, I know I should preserve my baseband (whatever that is) and shoulddo something with custom IPSW's

I cant afford to get this wrong as its my work number, but try as I might I cant find an up to date tutorial that I can understand

???
redsn0w has the tool intergrated I think but its all a bit sketchy which button do I want?
Pwned DFU
Custom IPSW
DFU ISPW

The learning curve just got too steep!
Feel like I'm trying to push a bucket of smoke up an elephants arse with a knitting needle at the moment

Anyone able to point me in the right direction

only have windows, not mac
iPhone3g is version 4.2.1, modem firmware is 05.15.04, serial number starts 889053

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I have finnally taken the plunge and jailbroke my wifes iPhone4 and our iPad1's

I now want to do the same to my iPhone3g
I am pretty sure we got the phone unlocked so I could use a differentSim
Greenp0isons Absinthe doesnt do my iPhone3 So I need to use Redsn0w
This is where my head is about to explode, I know I should preserve my baseband (whatever that is) and shoulddo something with custom IPSW's

I cant afford to get this wrong as its my work number, but try as I might I cant find an up to date tutorial that I can understand

???
redsn0w has the tool intergrated I think but its all a bit sketchy which button do I want?
Pwned DFU
Custom IPSW
DFU ISPW

The learning curve just got too steep!
Feel like I'm trying to push a bucket of smoke up an elephants arse with a knitting needle at the moment

Anyone able to point me in the right direction

only have windows, not mac
iPhone3g is version 4.2.1, modem firmware is 05.15.04, serial number starts 889053
hi,welcome to the forum,here are some helpful links-
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discu...412896524?mt=8
Apple - Support - Manuals
3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!
iOS5 Tips and Tricks
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
Forum rules - everybody please read!
poisonivy.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

I now want to do the same to my iPhone3g ... [little snipping here]...

To be honest, your best bet is to ask the questions about your iPhone over at our sister forum: www.iphoneforums.net

Here there be iPads and, while I am also a moderator over there, what I know about basebands and jail breaking phones could fit on the tip of a pin. The experts are over at the iPhone forum and I know they are very helpful. So, I really think that's the best way to get help for the phone.

Now, if/when you need help with the iPad, this is the place to be. :) Sorry to refer you...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts