What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

getting e-mails on ipad2

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If your school is using Google calendars, and you need compatibility, then I suggest you stick with Google calendars. While import/export is possible to some extent, it's never going to be 100% reliable. If you find the web interface unpalatable, there are a multitude of app for both the iPad and computers that will sync with Google Calendars. One is bound to appeal.

Both Google and iCloud support multiple calendars, and the calendars can be in different colors (up to 7 in the Calendar app on the iPad). In iOS 6 tap the Calendar button at the top left, tap Edit, and then create a new calendar. You can also change the calendar colors here. In the past I've had some trouble with Google changing the colors on me. I don't know if that is still true.

In order to color code events, you simply assign them to the color calendar you want.

If you are considering upgrading to iOS 7 (from your comments I'm guessing you have not done so yet) be prepared for some major changes in the Calendar app. A lot of people less than happy with the new look and layout, though the capabilities remain about the same. Hold in mind that you can always get a third party calendar app. Many of them will sync with iCloud, and more will sync with Google.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A good overview of the Calendar app can be had in the iPad User Guide for iOS. It's free in the iBook Store. Make sure you get the one for the iOS version you are using.

Most reactions

Latest posts