What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't send e-mail from iPad.

WayneF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If this is a duplicate, I appologize, don't know where the first one went!

All of a sudden I can't send e-mail from my iPad2. I can receive them with no problem.
When I try to send a e-mail I get the error message "A copy has been placed in your outbox. [email protected] was rejected by the server.
I have no trouble on my Desktop, laptop or Droid smartphone using the same router and e-mail address, so don't know what's going on.
Nothing has changed that I know of unless there was a update I don't know about.
Any advise would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
WayneF said:
If this is a duplicate, I appologize, don't know where the first one went!

All of a sudden I can't send e-mail from my iPad2. I can receive them with no problem.
When I try to send a e-mail I get the error message "A copy has been placed in your outbox. [email protected] was rejected by the server.
I have no trouble on my Desktop, laptop or Droid smartphone using the same router and e-mail address, so don't know what's going on.
Nothing has changed that I know of unless there was a update I don't know about.
Any advise would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.

This sometimes happens when your ISP makes changes to their email access protocols. Comcast did not change how you get email, but they may have changed how you send email from your iPad. I use Frontier. They recently migrated from their in-house email service to yahoo mail. They sent many notes telling me about this new and 'wonderful' feature and that I did not have to do anything. Needless to say, I had to do something:

1. Go to the settings app.
2. Click on mail.
3. Go to your *******@comcast.net account. Delete account.
4. Go to add account.
5. Enter your logon id to get your email.
6. Enter your password
7. Enter the inbox protocol, usually it is POP3.Comcast.net (or whatever Comcast uses for their protocol)
8. Go to Outgoing email.
9. Enter SMTP.Comcast.Net (or whatever Comcast uses for their protocol)

Whenever I make changes to this particular account, I just delete the account and start it over again. I've tried just changing one side of the account but after trial and error, it always seems fastest to just start over.

Hope this helps.

OP
W

WayneF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks MattlM.... That was the problem.
I followed your directions and now I can send e-mails again from my iPad.
I find it strange that it would only effect my iPad, but it worked so am happy!!!
Thanks Again.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
WayneF said:
Thanks MattlM.... That was the problem.
I followed your directions and now I can send e-mails again from my iPad.
I find it strange that it would only effect my iPad, but it worked so am happy!!!
Thanks Again.

Great WayneF. Thank you letting me know I helped!

While other systems can seemingly automate any changes, the iPad has to have a little bit of an intervention.

Matt

Most reactions