What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad E-mail apps, anything better than Apple Mail

DocHelm43

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am very disappointed with the bundled "Mail" app that comes with the iPad2. I can not figure out how to add a new folder to save my e-mail in, I see no address book yada yada yada. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good e-mail app for the iPad. I have used Eudora for 20 years and am completely spoiled.

Thanks for the help. Ron

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Regarding the contacts issue, this is a different app on the iPad, but integrated with the mail app: the mail app will look up contact data from the contacts app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can add folders on the iPad if you are running iOS 5, and you have either an IMAP or Exchange account.

You will find no mail app on the iPad that can match a full featured mail program on a computer.

I have not used it, nor to a particularly recommend it, but Ibis Mail will let you create local folders on the iPad for POP accounts. However, that means any mail saved on the iPad is only on the iPad, just like local folders on a computer stay only on the computer. You need an IMAP or Exchange account to conveniently access your email and folder on any device/computer.

That or use the webmail site.

Most reactions

Latest posts