1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad E-mail apps, anything better than Apple Mail

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by DocHelm43, Nov 14, 2011.

1. DocHelm43

DocHelm43 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am very disappointed with the bundled "Mail" app that comes with the iPad2. I can not figure out how to add a new folder to save my e-mail in, I see no address book yada yada yada. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good e-mail app for the iPad. I have used Eudora for 20 years and am completely spoiled.

Thanks for the help. Ron
  2. oberkc

oberkc iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Regarding the contacts issue, this is a different app on the iPad, but integrated with the mail app: the mail app will look up contact data from the contacts app.
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,010 / 1
    You can add folders on the iPad if you are running iOS 5, and you have either an IMAP or Exchange account.

You will find no mail app on the iPad that can match a full featured mail program on a computer.

I have not used it, nor to a particularly recommend it, but Ibis Mail will let you create local folders on the iPad for POP accounts. However, that means any mail saved on the iPad is only on the iPad, just like local folders on a computer stay only on the computer. You need an IMAP or Exchange account to conveniently access your email and folder on any device/computer.

That or use the webmail site.