What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting Comparative Cost for eBooks

TonyPie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a website or App that would provide cost information on ebooks sold thru the three most popular ebook retailers; iBooks (Apple), Kindle (Amazon), Nook (Barnes & Noble).

I realize that all three of the retailers seem to sell their ebooks at the same price (hello, anti-trust price-fixing issues), but sometimes one may sell their ebook at a discount. Instead of looking up costs at three different sites, is their a website/app that does a comparison of the cost of a specific book?

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might check out Books on the Knob, website and rss feed. There are a lot of junky books listed, but I've gotten a number of good quality free and bargain books that show up there from time to time. She has easy links to download all her listings from the main ebook sellers.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a website called leatherbound.me and there is also a universal app called Leatherbound that lets you type in the title or author and it will display the prices in the 3 major stores.

I'm not affiliated with the site or app in anyway, just want to share what I found.

AscotBilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the UK we have the following site which enables you to enter your maximum price you're willing to pay for the ebook book. You get email notification when its reached. Must be a US based version. www.ereaderiq.co.uk/pricewatch

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use a great site called Inkmesh. It'll browse the web and find all places that are selling an e-book (you can search by author or title). Then, it'll display where all the books can be [electronically] found and the prices at which the books are currently listed.

Saves a lot of time...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts