Getting Comparative Cost for eBooks

Discussion in 'iBooks' started by TonyPie, Aug 10, 2011.

1. TonyPie

TonyPie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there a website or App that would provide cost information on ebooks sold thru the three most popular ebook retailers; iBooks (Apple), Kindle (Amazon), Nook (Barnes & Noble).

I realize that all three of the retailers seem to sell their ebooks at the same price (hello, anti-trust price-fixing issues), but sometimes one may sell their ebook at a discount. Instead of looking up costs at three different sites, is their a website/app that does a comparison of the cost of a specific book?
  2. incapete

incapete iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. emm

emm iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    You might check out Books on the Knob, website and rss feed. There are a lot of junky books listed, but I've gotten a number of good quality free and bargain books that show up there from time to time. She has easy links to download all her listings from the main ebook sellers.
  4. Jman09

Jman09 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I found a website called leatherbound.me and there is also a universal app called Leatherbound that lets you type in the title or author and it will display the prices in the 3 major stores.

I'm not affiliated with the site or app in anyway, just want to share what I found.
  5. AscotBilly

AscotBilly iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In the UK we have the following site which enables you to enter your maximum price you're willing to pay for the ebook book. You get email notification when its reached. Must be a US based version. www.ereaderiq.co.uk/pricewatch
  6. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,832 / 0
    I use a great site called Inkmesh. It'll browse the web and find all places that are selling an e-book (you can search by author or title). Then, it'll display where all the books can be [electronically] found and the prices at which the books are currently listed.

Saves a lot of time...

Marilyn