What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gestures

orogard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do I understand that the "gestures" DO NOT work on IPad 1?
Orogard

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is another posts which addresses this issue, I don't know how to copy the ling for you but in the title it says "Enabling Multi Gestures'. From what I've read it seems it could be an over site feature on the iPad 1.

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
I don't even know what the gestures are supposed to be... /noob

Gestures enable the four or five finger tasking. The gestures add a lot to the user experience. The benefit is the user can close any app and return to the Home screen by pinching with all of their fingers, kind of like you were trying to pick up a napkin off the surface of your iPad using one hand.
The other gestures include quickly switching between apps by swiping with four fingers from left to right or vice versa. Another gesture includes opening or closing the app switching bar that appears when the Home button is double pressed.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've swiped between apps but I haven't tried the pinch. Definitely going to try that out here in a minute.

OP
O

orogard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes we were led on by Apple. I do hope Apple will reconsider and let those of us who have the IPad 1 to be treated equal. Thank you for comments to my question
Orogard

Most reactions