What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enable multi-touch gestures on Windows, no jailbreak request

KingKoala

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read some articles about active multi-touch gestures here, but all request jailbreaked iPad or a Mac computer with xCode.
Finally I found this article by google:
Enable multitouch gestures without jailbreaking

It request a shareware named iBackupBot, but infect you no need buy it, just click cancel button when it prompt your register it.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep going to try it here as I already use those type of gestures with the trackpad.
Like the mute button it's one of the things they should leave optional.

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hasty said:
Yep going to try it here as I already use those type of gestures with the trackpad.
Like the mute button it's one of the things they should leave optional.

Can anyone verify that this works with no ill effects?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Beamit2rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I can confirm that this does work. At first I thought it didn't got mad because it took forever to reload the backup. after it rebooted (which it did not do for me automatically I had to hard reset) I went into the settings to try and find the settings to turn it on but they weren't there. But went ahead and try the 4 finger gestures and all of the multi-gestures worked. So,down side no option to turn them off. But flip side didn't lose $5 buckes!

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To turn them off you just need to go back through this process and remove the 2 lines of code you added so not a permament feature if you don't get on with it.

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't find the Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist

that they want you to modify, anyone know why?

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You could try changing the entry to the following and see if that gives you the option to enable or disable under settings....

<key>multitasking-gestures</key>
<true/>

Or it may be under the path...

Library>CoreServices>SpringBoard.app

in one of the plist files there. I'm not at home to try this just now.

Last edited:

iPad100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, is there a similar app to use under Mac OS X - I cannot use XTools with the 4.3 SDK as it is only for Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6) and I run only Leopard (10.5). Hate the way all the Apple developer tools are for the latest OS only, although I guess there is some sense in that as it is for development.

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You could try changing the entry to the following and see if that gives you the option to enable or disable under settings....

<key>multitasking-gestures</key>
<true/>

Or it may be under the path...

Library>CoreServices>SpringBoard.app

in one of the plist files there. I'm not at home to try this just now.

I still cant find these items, is there something I am doing wrong?

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So, is there a similar app to use under Mac OS X - I cannot use XTools with the 4.3 SDK as it is only for Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6) and I run only Leopard (10.5). Hate the way all the Apple developer tools are for the latest OS only, although I guess there is some sense in that as it is for development.

You can use xcode 3 I believe, it can be downloaded free from their developers webpage...

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I found it in a test last night. Are you sure you are accessing an iPad backup??

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I found it in a test last night. Are you sure you are accessing an iPad backup??

Yes as far as I can tell, I will send a screen shot when I get back to my pc, maybe that will help you help me...

iPad100

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You can use xcode 3 I believe, it can be downloaded free from their developers webpage...

Understood, and I downloaded the one Apple offer for free (Xtools 3.2.6 + iOS 4.3 SDK) but again this is only for Snow Leopard (10.6.x) and will not install on Leopard, which I find rather annoying!

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad100 said:
Understood, and I downloaded the one Apple offer for free (Xtools 3.2.6 + iOS 4.3 SDK) but again this is only for Snow Leopard (10.6.x) and will not install on Leopard, which I find rather annoying!

If you have your disc for your computer that has OS x on it Xcode is on there as well

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here is a screen shot showing all my libraries...

miht9y.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts