What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom gestures

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What are custom gestures? In tips and tricks it explained how to get the square button up for home etc. I can see where to make gestures but they don't have any point. I can swipe left, right etc and save it. But then it doesn't do anything, do I have to assign it to an app and if so how?

WillS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's the full list of available gestures.
  • Swipe up with four or five fingers to open the Fast app Switcher
  • Swipe down with four or five fingers to close the Fast App Switcher (in most cases, just touch the screen)
  • Swipe left with four or five fingers to move from the current app to the previous app (according to the order presented in the Fast App Switcher)
  • Swipe right with four or five fingers to switch move from the current app to the next app (according to the order presented in the Fast App Switcher)
  • Pinch with four or five fingers to exit an app and return to the Home screen (like clicking the Home button)

Access multitasking gestures from 'Settings'; 'General'; 'Multitasking Gestures' - slide switch to ON

OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, big help.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts