What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frozen IPAD

Kingshootr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jeez! OK, tonights drama started with me syncing some MP4 movies (clean, not of questionable origin!!!) to the iPad. It synced fine, according to the messages on the laptop and iPad.

It was all done, sitting happily still connected to my laptop when I swiped to open the iPad and see how the video looks. BAM - little white Apple logo and had to restore from backup again.

After restoring, I put the movies back on again, DISCONNECTED the iPad from the laptop, and all is OK.

New deduction/theory - ALWAYS disconnect iPad after syncing before swiping and opening it up to play with.

Like I said...Jeez...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm starting to think you've got hardware issues. None of the things happening to you are typical. I'd have a talk with Apple Support if I were you.

Kingshootr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm starting to think you've got hardware issues. None of the things happening to you are typical. I'd have a talk with Apple Support if I were you.

I have to agree. Now the keyboard only works in portrait, when I put it into landscape orientation, the entire keyboard is an outline filled with fine colored pixels.

...and I just plugged it in again to try and clear that up and I have to restore again...

aye yay yay...

Phone support call scheduled for tomorrow night. Man, I just want this thing to work...

Last edited:

Kingshootr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good experience with the call back thing. They called on time, listened to what I had tried, said to bring it in for a check and repair/replacement. No script or repetitive attempts at the previously tried fixes. My daughter is taking it in Thursday so all should be good by the weekend.

Thumbs up to customer service so far.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good experience with the call back thing. They called on time, listened to what I had tried, said to bring it in for a check and repair/replacement. No script or repetitive attempts at the previously tried fixes. My daughter is taking it in Thursday so all should be good by the weekend.

Thumbs up to customer service so far.

Pleased to hear that the 'Customer Service' call went well. It can be very disappointing and frustrating when things don't work out. As you said in one of your previous posts "I just want this thing to work". Apple's QA (Quality Assurance) is second-to-none so problems are few and far between, but that doesn't help when you're the one experiencing the problems.

Let us know how it turns out - I hope you'll soon be back enjoying your iPad

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts