What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

frozen ipad and itunes

jgardmore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipad is frozen with an image of a usb plug and the itunes logo. i've tried rebooting by holding down the on/off button and the home button, but that didn't work. this happened after i tried to sync the ipad with my itunes on the computer.

the ipad was given to me and had pre-loaded data. was that an issue?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipad is frozen with an image of a usb plug and the itunes logo. i've tried rebooting by holding down the on/off button and the home button, but that didn't work. this happened after i tried to sync the ipad with my itunes on the computer.

the ipad was given to me and had pre-loaded data. was that an issue?

That's normally the image you get on the screen when you've a new iPad and it's waiting for its first sync with iTunes. Did the previous owner remove all the apps and data? That could be an issue in the sense that you don't own those apps and data and they would be tied to the previous owner's iTunes account.

What happens now if you connect the iPad to your computer? Do you have the latest version of iTunes - it won't work with an early version; check that you've got at least version 10.1 of iTunes.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts