What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free ipad app for library research

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I saw a quick glimpse on tv on a app only for iPad for a free library for students. But I didn't catch the name 8-( does anyone know of it by chance?
Thank you
mstormy

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds interesting...has anyone heard of this? I'll do a little research to see what I can find...

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you provide any further information about what the app is for? When I saw your question earlier I did a search of "AppShopper," Edited by Moderator ~ no external links, please.

Lots of hits to manage the books you've checked out from your local library and apps for specific libraries (mainly universities) to determine if particular books are in their collections. But I don't think that's what you have in mind.

If you're hoping to download "free" books, you might try one of the e-Readers. Kobo is especially good for these. In general, if you're looking for "classics," published before 1923 you can almost always find free copies available on the net. Just put the Kobo app on your iPad. You can also access the Kindle library with lots of free books if you use Safari to go to the kindle site and save the bookmark on your iPad screen.

In addition "Project Gutenberg" has about 36,000 books that can be downloaded free of charge and read with one of the e-Readers available for the iPad. They have a great search capability for their books.

MobileReader Devices How-To - Gutenberg

Looking for more focused research resources? Although you can certainly do that sort of search on your iPad, you may find it easier to work with a computer and examine some of the tools Google has developed in their labs. (I find the browser limitations on the iPad to be constraining.) Once you've found something interesting, just take a note or send yourself an email that you can then access from your iPad.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
msstormies

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
Can you provide any further information about what the app is for? When I saw your question earlier I did a search of "AppShopper," Edited by Moderator ~ no external links, please.

Lots of hits to manage the books you've checked out from your local library and apps for specific libraries (mainly universities) to determine if particular books are in their collections. But I don't think that's what you have in mind.

If you're hoping to download "free" books, you might try one of the e-Readers. Kobo is especially good for these. In general, if you're looking for "classics," published before 1923 you can almost always find free copies available on the net. Just put the Kobo app on your iPad. You can also access the Kindle library with lots of free books if you use Safari to go to the kindle site and save the bookmark on your iPad screen.

In addition "Project Gutenberg" has about 36,000 books that can be downloaded free of charge and read with one of the e-Readers available for the iPad. They have a great search capability for their books.

MobileReader Devices How-To - Gutenberg

Looking for more focused research resources? Although you can certainly do that sort of search on your iPad, you may find it easier to work with a computer and examine some of the tools Google has developed in their labs. (I find the browser limitations on the iPad to be constraining.) Once you've found something interesting, just take a note or send yourself an email that you can then access from your iPad.

Yes I know, and thank you. But this one was cool it was a universal app and it was round like a globe when you brought it up. I did catch they said for iPad users only. I wish I would have gotten the name!

Most reactions

Latest posts