What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Algebra

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello does anyone know of a good free or paid app for algebra? I have to learn [{~€Â£Â¥ square roots ...
thank you mstormy

OP
msstormies

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twiser said:
Algebra Touch is a nice app

Check it out on AppStore (2.99$)

Thank you, I saw that to in fact it is very cool for a visual learner. The creator wrote back and said it went up to Distribution/Factoring out. Now I have to figure out if that is basic algebra lol.
Thank you
Mstormy

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not an iPad app but if you're not familiar with the Khan Academy (Khan Academy), you definitely owe it to yourself to check it out. Free of charge and an excellent source of math and science lessons. Give it a shot. I'm betting you'll become addicted.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try the Wolfram apps - they do apps from simple algebra to advanced calculus. It's a great tool...

Tim

OP
msstormies

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Try the Wolfram apps - they do apps from simple algebra to advanced calculus. It's a great tool...

Tim

Thank you everyone for your advise! Love the tips plus the algebra touch! My son will also like the others he's going for a health environmentalist!
Sorry for putting it in the wrong place.
Mstormy

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should have checked the App Store before I said that the Khan Academy videos are available on the web but not as iPad apps. As it turns out, many of them (including Algebra I and II) are available as free iPad apps.

And since virtually all of the Khan Academy videos are accessible via YouTube, that's another way to access them.

I can't recommend these videos highly enough. There are over 2000 videos dealing with all sorts of subject matter. Short videos, easily digestible that focus on specific issues. Presented extremely well in a form that minimizes distractions by a gifted teacher.

Just look for Khan Academy on YouTube or in the App Store.

OP
msstormies

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
I should have checked the App Store before I said that the Khan Academy videos are available on the web but not as iPad apps. As it turns out, many of them (including Algebra I and II) are available as free iPad apps.

And since virtually all of the Khan Academy videos are accessible via YouTube, that's another way to access them.

I can't recommend these videos highly enough. There are over 2000 videos dealing with all sorts of subject matter. Short videos, easily digestible that focus on specific issues. Presented extremely well in a form that minimizes distractions by a gifted teacher.

Thank you, this is an accelerated school and doing something, I have never done is depressing when you have no clue what it is they want. So right now not doing so well. But thank you !
Mstormy

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, this is an accelerated school and doing something, I have never done is depressing when you have no clue what it is they want. So right now not doing so well. But thank you !
Mstormy

You're welcome. I've become something of a missionary for the Khan Academy videos. (My friends would say I'm a little obsessed with them.) As a former professor I find they fill a huge void for many, many students. Millions use them and the Gates Foundation is now funding the site.

One of the biggest problems in teaching subjects like mathematics where individual building blocks are needed to make progress is that students may end up with a knowledge base that looks like swiss cheese with holes here and there. As they move on to more complex subject matter, those holes begin to matter more and more.

The Khan Academy videos aim to fill in those holes in a self-paced easily accessible way. Taken together, they provide a comprehensive "course" in a subject. But individually, they enable a student to tailor the topics (and repeat them as needed) in an easily digestible format.

Good Luck!

zhianzee

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks! This is a big help! :)

Most reactions