What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharing with Instructor

jsnowbank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have one-to-one iPads with our middle school students. Three of the Apps that we use on a regular basis are Keynote, Pages, and Numbers. The students and teachers both love these Apps, with one small issue: sharing.

Does anyone have a better system than emailing everything students create to their teachers?

All of the iPads are synced to the same iTunes account (one per grade level), so that is limiting some of the options I have researched.

GoDocs has been offered up as a suggestion, but I would like to know if it works with these Apps...BEFORE spending the $4.99 on it :)

Please provide any feedback and suggestions!!

Thank you.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That app has terrible reviews, you might want to look at using iCloud as its free but not sure if it would work for a whole class.

You could use Dropbox, it's free, by creating folders for each pupil the teacher could share docs.

The Archangel

clothesfee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That app has terrible reviews, you might want to look at using iCloud as its free but not sure if it would work for a whole class.

You could use Dropbox, it's free, by creating folders for each pupil the teacher could share docs.

The Archangel

Agreed! Internet drives such as Dropbox or Box.net could be a better choice. And they all have their client app on the iPad.

lkilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree about Dropbox. It is free and reliable. Another positive about it is that you could also install Dropbox on desktops and laptops (Mac's and PC's), so the files could be shared to a variety of computers. In my computer lab, I have set up Dropbox on all of the desktops and also have it on my iPad. When I go home, I can have the same Dropbox available. Just this morning, one of my students had recorded three video files on his iPad. He dropped them into the Dropbox I helped him install on his iPad and I was then able to access them on my own iPad and on my desktop.

lkilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to mention...

For schools with one-to-one iPads (or a lot of students/teachers bringing their own iPads), you could set up multiple Dropboxes. Just enter a different email address/password for each of the setups. That way, each grade level or each class could have a Dropbox that is unique to them. It reduces the chance that other students might delete or alter student submissions.

Also, another method of sharing files could be through Evernote. I use Evernote for a lot of things, including file sharing.

Most reactions

Latest posts