Forum Help and Questions

Discussion in 'Forum Rules, Help and Info' started by Max, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Uh, your avatar is changed.

2. Tabhunter

Tabhunter
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    How do members handle difficult foul mouth members??

Does anyone monitor these forums.?
    As a brand new member I was asking about how people have gotten around flash player and if there were Apps to do that. I am just not as smart as some of you. One member gave such a meaningful answer that made it very clear. Another memberc said I was a jusT another piece if spam and told me to FOAD!
    Unbelievable. If you don't know what FOAD means, look it up ! It is a very foul way of telling some to die!
    I wish there were some ways that someon could be monitoring or that there was an easy way for users to notify the powers that be about inappropriate language.
    I am a old lady who drinks TaB all day (when I can find it .. Thus my name)) and am just trying to learn the ins and outs of the
    iPad like a lot of other people who thought this was a friendly forum,
    And some punk tells me to FOAD?!
    I suggest that this behavior not be tolerated. I see the rules. But what does anyone do about ?
    Thank you for any suggestions you may have to handle these events/people(?),

3. Balibe

Balibe
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It is hard for Mods to see everything. There is a report button to the left of each post under the forum user name and information. This can be used to notify them.

4. Alling

Alling
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it is now, but when I asked the question I hadn't found out that there were two of 'em: the avatar and the profile picture. I had only changed my profile picture. :D

5. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    If something happens that makes you uncomfortable or you see spam, please report the user with the report button on their comment, we try to keep up as best we can but can't be expected to read every comment posted on the forum, please just help out and we will keep the forum clean. Thanks!

6. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:

Is this your first forum? Mods can not be every where. They have jobs, a life. I am sorry someone told you to Foad, but you should have hit him with a smiley or something ~ Or find Matt. He is hilarious with these fools.:D

Learn to play the game and not be so sensitive ~ I love this place and have learned much ~

7. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I could not edit my post for some reason. But I wanted to add:

If all else fails ~ lose the Tab ~ and open some wine and cheese.:D I didn't know they still made Tab. I used to drink that too!

8. Tabhunter

Tabhunter
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Great idea, Sweet Poison, but impossible to implement!

Oh no.. Any thing but " lose the TaB"...it is too hard to find! That would be a cruel and unusual punishment! It is my favorite! Love the wine concept, but have gotten allergic to alcohol in my advancing years and can't sip a bit of it! The worst!
    Appreciate your input & I get your point. In my case I will try to chill and go outt and hunt for MORE TaB. Nothing like a frosty TaB to cool my jets!

9. Tabhunter

Tabhunter
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    THE complaint button!

Thanks for all who pointed out the easiest discrete way to voice concern. I didn't know about the button in the lower left side of box. So much to learn.. So liitle time.
    Thank you for your help. I hope I do not have to hit the complaint button again. I love learning from this site!

10. Tabhunter

Tabhunter
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Are generic smilies importable?

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/smash.gif

Ok.. I went to the corvette forum that you listeda and checked out the smilise list. I tried to export one to this reply, but not sure it worked. (Maybe when I post it his it will show.) If not, how does one export to use in other forums?
    Are they even allowed in this forum or are they restricted to the corvette forum. As you see, I know squat about these type of issues and how to use and move those smilies. Actually I find most annoying, but still wanna know how to do it! They are listed as generic smilies so I imagine they are listed and available to copy from elsewhere,also. But where and how?
    Thanks for any help you may have.
    Bear with me. We all started in Kindergarten at one time.