What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Help and Questions

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still not quite sure I understand... but that's not too unusual for me! The "smilies" I used in my example were from another non-iPad related forum that I belong to and that may be an issue... perhaps.

MaggieB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
appsforipads.net
Hello all!

Very basic question... I caanot post from my iPad on this site... is that an oxymoron or what? LOL

The post box is all greyed out... I had to open Splashtop to access by remote to post this... so what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

MaggieB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
appsforipads.net
I use Atomic Web... BUT I accessed the forum this morning via Reeder, a Google Reader App... and didn't work on that one either... I will switch to Safari just for this forum... not a problem, its worth the extra step, I just didn't know why it was grayed out and would not let me post.

Thanks for your help!
I appreciate it!
~MaggieB:D

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I have done some research and yes I know I am crazy but I have 8 browsers which is almost every one available. You may ask why and it's a good question. I provide support not only here and iphone4 forums but also user groups and my own client base.
Note in each case I signed in to the forum

So here is the hot list of browsers that allow you to edit and post in this and other forums.
1) Safari. - no problems
2) Perfect browser - change preferences to safari desktop rendering
3) Atomic web - change preferences to safari iPad
4) iCab - change preferences to safari support

This list is browsers that do not allow you to post into text boxes in not only this forum but others as well. Text boxes are grayed out

1) Super web. No option to change to safari in pref
2) Browser duo - no option to change to safari in pref
3) Readdle docs - no option to change to safari in pref
4) ibrowser - no option to change to safari in pref

I have no answers to why this is the case and yes I have reported it to the developers of each app that has problems. Maybe someone in the forum knows why. I hope this information is useful I look forward to comments and any updates that may correct the issue So that we can keep you informed.
Late note, admin is investigating this problem
Col.Bris

mladen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am I allowed to put referral links as my signature? If not, am I allowed to tell people that they can contact me via PM to get that link?

Thanks ahead,

Mladen Stojanovic

Duby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I buy an 3g IPad in Roma ( Leonardo Da Vinci Fiumicino Airport)?

I'll be in ROMA Leonardo Da Vinci Fiumicino Airport-
can i buy an 3G IPad there and where ?

THANKS
DUBY

kapitan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is an iPad forum right... All iPad owners know that flash is not supported, and most readers of this forum are likely log in with their iPad.... So question is, why link flash content on this forum? I am also quite piss at advertisers targetting iPad owners, but their website is full of flash content...

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you start an iPad poll thread? I went to that forum but couldn't find any info about it. Thanks!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just start your post the way you normally would, but before you submit it, scroll all the way to the bottom where you will see this --

poll.jpg

Of course you can ask as many questions as you want (I don't know if there is a limit). When you submit your post, you will then be taken to another screen where you put together your questions.

Most reactions

Latest posts